Traineeship Offer – Join my Team from November 2022 – March 2023
June 1, 2022 by Charles Goerens
Member of European Parliament (MEP) Charles Goerens is looking for a trainee to support him in the daily running of his European Parliament office in Brussels.
Your task is to assist MEP Charles Goerens and his team with administrative, logistical and research tasks. You will help in ensuring the smooth running of the office.
Mr Goerens’ legislative work spans across several parliamentary committees (AFCO, DEVE, AGRI, DROI and BUDG), and his team therefore needs help with administrative tasks, research and policy. He attends and chairs meetings of a number of parliamentary committees and works with his group “Renew Europe” to support its initiatives. Mr Goerens is part of the national Luxembourgish party called Demokratesch Partei (DP) and makes him a party member of the EUROPEAN ALDE party. The DP stands for social and liberal values aiming at pursuing social and environmental justice for all citizens in Luxembourg.
As an elected representative of Luxembourg, Mr. Goerens organises or attends a number of public events in Brussels, in cities and towns around Luxembourg, as well as in Strasbourg.
- Draft meeting minutes of the different Committee meetings, Group meetings and Working group meetings ;
- Provide briefing notes and background research on policy for AFCO, DEVE, BUDG, DROI & AGRI committees ;
- Process Mr Goerens’ emails and calendar ;
- Assist Mr Goerens with the logistics and the preparation of different meetings organised within and by the European Parliament or meetings organised by third parties inside and outside the European Parliament;
- Help organise events: conferences, seminars or webinars hosted by Mr. Goerens, notably by overseeing logistics, distributing documents, and organising catering services;
- Assist Mr Goerens and team during the Plenary sessions;
- Periodically help with drafting policy papers, amendments and other documents.
- C2 level in French and C1 level in English;
- German and Luxembourgish are considered to be an asset as well as any other EU language;
- Master in EU affairs and/or political science and/or EU law background is an asset;
- Precision and rigour ;
- Ability to work in a team with multicultural backgrounds ;
- Ability to communicate clearly and quickly, both orally and in writing ;
- Good capacity of synthesis ;
- Ability to work autonomously and efficiently ;
- Applicants must be willing and able to undertake regular travel to both Luxembourg and Strasbourg, sometimes at short notice.
- Type of contract: Trainee work contract 4-5 months
- Start date: 1st November
- Salary: 1000€/month
How to apply:
Applications should be submitted to Ms Jessica Simoes via email at email@example.com by 27 June 2022 cob. Your email should contain your CV and a 1-page motivational letter and mention “Application for the role of Trainee” in the email subject line.